Fee Range: E
One of Australia's leading business and finance commentators, David Koch was among the first to develop consumer investment journalism in Australia. David is the Business and Finance expert for the Seven and Prime TV Networks as well as co-host of Seven's Sunrise program; Finance editor of the Macquarie Radio Network and host of the Sky News Business Report seen on Australia's Sky News Channel. David is also an Executive (and founding) Director of the ASX listed business and finance media company, Palamedia Limited.
With a background as creator of Personal Investment magazine; then as managing editor of investment publications for the BRW group in the UK and New Zealand, he then developed and produced the 'bible' of the financial services and funds management industry, Money Management in the 1980s. Under different ownership, his peers have since recognized David as one of the most influential in the financial services industry. On radio, he hosted a nightly business and investment program on Sydney's Radio 2GB for over 10 years. David's years of experience as a business owner and operator, along with a strong interest in small business issues saw him appointed to the board of the NSW Small Business Development Corporation at its inception in 1996 where he was a director for over six years.
A highly respected finance journalist for 20 years and a sought after keynote speaker and host, David speaks from a base of personal experience and knowledge of business and finance issues, his presentations are informative, practical, entertaining and provide an invaluable resource for investors and business people alike.
DAVID KOCH AT A GLANCE IS:
- Executive Director of the ASX-listed media group Palamedia Ltd.
- Business and finance expert for the Seven and Prime television networks
- Co-host of Channel Seven's Sunrise program
- Host of Sky News Business Report
- Finance editor of the Macquarie Radio Network
- Contributing editor to the investor section of Sydney's Sun-Herald
- Daily money commentator on more than 50 regional radio stations with his popular A Minute On Your Business and A Minute On Your Money segments.
- Author of the best-selling book Your Money and Your Life and co-author (with wife Libby) of I'm Not Made of Money, a parent's guide to teaching kids about money. David has also co-authored with his daughter Samantha, The Teenager's Guide to Money; The Teenagers' Guide to Part-time Jobs and Leaving Home – the ultimate guide.
David can be seen each weekday morning nationally as co-host on the Channel 7 Network program Sunrise.
- The Economy
- Financial trends
- Wealth creation
- Success in small business.
Summed up the audience very well and delivered a great message, he made our members think about their own business.
CRT Town & Country
Our thanks for an excellent presentation. I personally phoned all participants to gain some feedback on the sessions and David's talk rated very high without exception.
David was very good, presented well and was very topical.
CRT/Town & Country/Grow Force
Excellent. David was fantastic. His presentation was independent yet linked into our theme really well. He was an interesting and engaging speaker.
Excellent. David was extremely popular with the guests and catured the attention of the audience. He was also very personable.
Real Estate Institute of South Australia
David was wonderful. He was an outright winner with the audience, the best person we could have chosen from the media to MC our Inaugural Awards. He was personable, empathetic and genuinely engaged with the Award winners. Simply the best!
National Employment Services Australia