A survivor of an Industrial Accident Ian suffered severe burns to 80% of his body. At that time, the only accident of its kind within Australia where a gas enriched environment ignited in a confined space, and the victim survived.
Ready to tell his story hoping to help others, and make us keep in mind that our safety at work and home is paramount.
In November 1991, Ian went to work just like any other person expecting a normal day. How wrong could he have been? A review of the actual explosive event and the repercussions around Australia, that ceased all work in confined spaces for 24 hours.
Health and Safety Training and regulations today for all working ages - "a negative paradox eluded"