Fee Range: C
Graeme Wood revolutionised the travel industry in Australia when he created the concept for, and co-founded, Wotif.com in 2000. From his simple and innovative idea, Graeme pioneered the companys development into what is now the Wotif Group, which employs more than 400 people in offices around the world.
During his seven years at the helm, Wotif.com became one of Australias most successful and well-known online businesses, with Graeme and the company winning awards and accolades along the way, including:
- 2008 Suncorp Queenslander of the Year - the states highest citizenship honour, recognising individuals who have made a significant achievement in their chosen field and who have made a difference in their community
- Winner of the Most significant contribution by a large business or corporate at the Vero Excellence in Business Support Awards 2007
- Winner of the Inspiration iAward and the Tourism & Hospitality category AIIA iAwards 2006
- National winner of the Technology, Communications, E-Commerce and Life Sciences category -2005 Ernst and Young, Entrepreneur of the Year awards
- Australian Institute of Management Medal for Management Innovation 2004 Management Excellence Awards
- Overall Winner and Winner of Outstanding Achievement by an Organisation in the Services Sector - Premier of Queenslands SMART Awards 2004
In October 2007, Graeme retired from his role as CEO and Managing Director, but continues to play a key strategic role in the company as an Executive Director and also maintains a significant financial interest.
Graeme continues to pursue his interest in technology with his most recent venture being the popular Australian news search engine Wotnews.com.au.
As an environmental activist, in 2008 he launched the not-for-profit Wild Mob creating volunteering opportunities in wilderness conservation.
The philanthropic Graeme Wood Foundation supports the Centre for Youth Substance Abuse Research at the University of Queensland and also supports programs developing the creative potential of young people in the performing arts.