Fee Range: E
'In case of an emergency oxygen masks will fall from the ceiling. Please put yours on first before helping others'
Known worldwide for pursuing an incredible list of 100 Things that he wants to achieve before he dies, Sebastian Terry’s story is surprisingly not about a bucket list. It’s about something more far reaching; permission, choice, growth and connection. Affected by a curious mind and the death of a close friend, Sebastian experienced a moment in his life where he asked himself a simple question; ‘Am I happy?’. The answer was NO and so he decided to pen down a list of 100 Things that he’d always wanted to achieve.
Following his heart and armed with nothing but a list, Sebastian's incredible story has grown from an entertaining tale of adventure into a global philanthropic movement that engages a growing tribe of hundreds of thousands to not just set meaningful goals, but pull the trigger and achieve them- all whilst helping others do the same.
“I thought initially that it would take me 100 Things to reach a state of fulfilment but it’s taken me 72 things to realise that ‘ticks’ are just the beginning. The key to growth and happiness is finding out who you are on a primal level and then being that person, each and every day.” Today 100 Things acts as a conduit introducing those in need of help to those who are able to help. This latest evolution is called Kindsum. In this way, the journey has become less about Sebastian's list and more about the art of helping. Sebastian spends his time traveling the world connecting strangers to help each other.
Turned into a best selling book (‘100 Things’), an ESPN documentary (‘100 things to do before you die’) and most recently a US-based reality TV show (‘100 Things) where Sebastian travels the world helping complete strangers achieve their specific dreams, 100 Things inspires people and organisations to gain perspective, think big and be the best they can be on every level so that others can follow suit.
From marrying a stranger in Las Vegas, delivering a baby in Canada and even representing the Mauritian national rugby team at the African Championships (they won!), Sebastian’s most profound moment was when he was first contacted by a suicidal stranger who needed help. 100 Things is no longer about one person, it’s about everybody. Guaranteed to make you laugh, cry and inspire motivation, the 100 Things keynote is like no other and will re-engage, connect and inspire your organisation to move forward as one.
What’s on your list?
· Sebastian is the author of 100 Things, a motivational memoir translated into 3 languages
· Sebastian is the star of two internationally released feature documentaries (Discovery Channel & ESPN) based on his own story
· 100 Things, the reality show, aired through the US (26 episodes) in 2017
· The 100 Things keynote presentation has been delivered on all 7 continents to over 250,000 people.
· 100 Things is now on forefront of peer-to-peer giving through it’s kindness platform; Kindsum.
· Sebastian is a current national ambassador for Make-A-Wish Australia,
· Sebastian has raised over $400,000 for various charities as part of his challenge including Camp Quality and Alzheimers
· The 100 Things workshop is also available as an extension to the keynote.
· Goal setting,
· Modern Day philanthropy
· Finding your ‘why’
· Benefiting from change,
· The process of achievement,
· Creating and responding to opportunity,
· Value Identification,
· Overcoming fears,
· Building resilience,
· The art of committing,
· Capitalising of Strengths,
· Maintaining drive,
· Achieving balance,
· Intention V Spontaneity,
· Helping others