Fee Range: E
Bob Mansfield was born in Rabaul, New Guinea and educated at Barker College, Hornsby. He attended the University of NSW and graduated in 1974 with a Bachelor of Commerce degree with a major in Accounting.
He has a varied background in business across a wide range of industries and held the CEO position in the following organisations:
* McDonald's Australia Limited
* Wormald International Limited
* Optus Communications
* John Fairfax
In 1997 he filled a number of roles for the Federal Government:
- Reviewed the Operating Charter of the ABC.
- Major Projects Facilitator on a consultancy basis reporting directly to the Prime Minister.
- Appointed Strategic Investment Co-ordinator, in addition to his Major Projects role, within the Prime Minister's Office.
In November 1999 Bob completed his Federal Government roles and was appointed Director of Telstra Corporation Limited. On 1 January 2000 he became Telstra's non-executive Chairman and served until April 2004.
His past directorships include:
McDonald's Australia Limited 1989 - 2007
CDS Technologies Limited 1996 - 2007
Datacraft Asia Limited 1997 - 2003
Dimension Data Holdings plc 2000 - 2003
Staging Connections Group Limited 2001 - 2008
Westfield Management Limited 2002 - 2004
Westfield America Management Limited 2002 - 2004
Allco Finance Group Limited 2006 -- 2009
Investec Bank (Australia) Limited 2001 -- 2014
On 26 January 2000 Bob was honoured with an Order of Australia award for his contribution to Australian business and economic development and to the telecommunications industry.
On 15 December 2014 Bob received a Doctor of Business degree, honoris causa, from The University of New South Wales in recognition of his business achievements, service to the community and to the University.
His current board positions are:
* Chairman, Careers Australia Group Ltd
* Chairman, Board of Governors, Steve Waugh Foundation
* Chairman, George Gregan Foundation
* Chairman, National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre
* Chairman, Advisory Board, Telco Together Foundation
Bob is also a Member of the University of New South Wales Medicine Advisory Council.
Bob is married to Peggy and they have 5 children. His interests include the family, golf and tennis.