Fee Range: C
Hayley Lewis is a triple Olympian in the sport of swimming. Hayley Lewis is remembered as the 15-year-old "girl next door who swept to fame in 1990 by winning five gold medals at the 1990 Auckland Commonwealth Games. Hayley holds the longest standing Australian record in the 1500m freestyle. Hayley also competed at three Olympic Games including Barcelona 1992, Atlanta 1996 and Sydney 2000 Olympic Games. Hayley was the first swimmer in history to swim both Open Water and Pool Events at a World Championship.
Hayley is now a mother of two boys (Jacob and Kai) and also the owner of a bustling small business in suburban Brisbane. Hayley is married to Greg who is a physiotherapist.
- Swim Australia Ambassador
- Patron for Australian Spinal Research Foundation
- Ambassador for National Breast Cancer Awareness Campaign
- Current Goals - complete a Marathon and have a book published
- 1990 Won five gold medals at Auckland Commonwealth Games
- 1992 Won a silver and bronze medal at the Barcelona Olympics
- 1996 Competed at Atlanta and was voted "Female Distance Swimmer of the Year at the Telstra Australian Swimming Awards
- 1998 Gave birth to her first child and joined forces with Jenny Craig Weight Loss Centres as a key spokesperson (and again in 2006) which helped her get back into shape
- 2000 Competed at Sydney against all odds
- 2001 Competed in three events at the World Championships in Japan, winning Bronze medal in the 5km event.
- 2001 Retired from professional competitive swimming Hayley Lewis Swim School The Hayley Lewis Swim School is based at Westfield Carindale and is the first learn-to-swim centre to be located in a major shopping centre in Australia. The inspiration came from Hayley discovering something similar while in Canada in 1994 for the Commonwealth Games. The business started out as a partnership with a close friend the following year, however after he moved overseas, the last five years has now been 100% managed by Hayley. When they opened in June 2002, Hayley's son Jacob had just turned four and in December of the same year, Hayley found out that she was pregnant with their second child.
Apart from spending a huge chunk of her life with her head in chlorine, Hayley has always been an avid reader of a variety of genres and always hoped that one day she could pen my own book and have it published. If my swimming career hadn't have been so time consuming, journalism was a definite path I wanted to follow and having the majority of my family working at various newspapers in Brisbane in both production and print, I felt that writing has always been itching under my skin to break free.
Other Business/Career Ventures
Out of the water, Hayley has embarked on several other business ventures including a range of fitness equipment and television commentary. Hayley is a highly sought after keynote speaker and MC.