Fee Range: C
Dr Gael Jennings is a strategic advisor to government and industry, specialising in science, engineering, maths, media and communications; a TV and radio commentator; a media/ communications consultant, author and speaker; a former current affairs broadcaster; and an executive in development and commissioning of science, natural history, ethical, religious and Indigenous Television Production for ABC TV.
Gael is currently CEO of the not-for-profit Greatconnections, which recruits professionals and executives to perform pro bono business consultancy work in the non-profit sector, and on the Board of Museums Victoria (Chair Research and Collection Committee), The Academic Board of the Australian Institute of Management, and a member of the Ministerial Advisory Council for Science and Mathematics (Victoria).
Gael holds a First Class Honours degree in Science from the University of Melbourne, and PhD in Immunology from The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute.
Her 20+ years of media experience includes as the inaugural national science and medical reporter for ABC TV news, current affairs (7.30 Report) and features (Quantum, Catalyst), as host of the mid-morning and afternoon programs on 774 ABC Radio Melbourne and Victoria, anchor of SBS TV's weekly current affairs programme 'Insight', and as an executive in the commissioning and development of factual television content for ABC TV.
She is a regular on ABC TV's 'The Einstein Factor' , ABC2 TV 'News Breakfast', and occasional co-host of 774 ABC Radio's 'Conversation Hour.
Gael's communications business includes media training, science advocacy and advice, celebrity speaking and TV and radio appearance. She is the author of the award-winning children's book 'Sick As?Bloody Moments in the History of Medicine'.
Areas of expertise:
* Outstanding at indentifying deeply complex science and technology research, issues, practice, and policy for their key relevance to clients and stakeholders.
* Superior networking ability and innovative creation of models for linkage between corporate and non-profit activities, for community capacity building
* Media savvy; outstanding at practicing, managing and utilising media across all platforms to inform, communicate, engage, to achieve key outcomes, and to create and maintain market, brand, behavioural and policy change and compliance.
* Outstanding networking across media, government, business and industry leaders, art and science communities, strategic decision makers.
* Superior at strategic thinking in institutions, teams, programs and on Boards; at executive producing and managing; and in governance.
* Superior at bringing new ideas, thinking, approaches and data across disciplines, genres and platforms, delivering innovations in strategies, solutions and value.
* Superior public speaking, presenting, communicating and facilitating, as a public representative and as a spokesperson.