If you’re looking for a warm, passionate and persuasive TEDx level speaker who can bring the art and power of story, to your purpose driven audience in useful and meaningful ways, then you’ve found the speaker you’ve been looking for.
Speaking with clarity and authenticity, using story, humour and practical exercises, Kate speaks with warmhearted skill to enable your audience to connect to themselves and each other through story.
Having spent 17 years as a community lawyer, 9 years playing Australian Rules Football and 12 years in community development, group facilitation and personal storytelling, Kate is perceptive, with a passionate belief in human connection. She is excited about story as a reflective tool that can be shared, story process as a way of building culture and connection, and story sharing as a way to build women’s sporting participation and leadership. Her story of her role in the development of women’s football in Victoria is singular and told with all the power, passion and wisdom of a classic tale.
Purpose & Engagement - A Sporting Quest
Using Kate’s unique story of being instrumental in the development of women’s football in Victoria she will show:
• The guiding light of clear vision and purpose
• The lessons of emotional expression and intelligence
• The grit of the long haul.
• The power of enabling emotions through story
• The power to make a difference
Fantastic Feminist Folktales
In this eclectic and gripping set of five stories, Kate uses all her skill and artistry as a storyteller, as well as her creative imagination and crafting to bring a spelling binding performance of stories that need to be told and retold.
The performance ranges through an ancient Greek myth, a couple of re-crafted traditional European stories, and obscure but brilliantly re-told folktale and a true and fascinating retelling of amazing story of Joan of Arc.
The stories speak for themselves and show the power and the urgency we need to bring to the task of re-shaping stories to create a different reality for women.
Leading Through the Story Looking Glass
• Reflective self awareness and understanding through story crafting
• Tools and structures for crafting a moment into a compelling story
• Shaping and telling stories to share who you are, your beliefs and values
Culture and Connection Through Storytelling
• How to build connection, culture, coherence and organisational intelligence through story circles
• How to develop community and build storytelling skills through storytelling events.
• Participatory processes to build cohesion, engagement and shared vision.